Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Overdue Update (or lack thereof)

I've been seriously slacking in keeping the blog updated.

Marleigh's surgery came and went, and for some reason I just can't bring myself to fully process everything.

I want to make a thorough post to do the entire decompression surgery justice; it was the biggest experience of our lives thus far. I think in the back of my mind though, I'm aware that once we officially "move past" the surgery then we have to face everything else waiting to be dealt with. Marleigh's syrinx and scoliosis. Jack's scoli, brain herniation, and the plethora of symptoms associated. Harper possibly having scoliosis and who knows what causing it.

Not quite ready to move back into the appointments, and testing, and worry. It's been nice getting a break these last three weeks. Time has been nearly non-existant, allowing us to focus entirely on the present and revel in every single milestone Mar has reached post-op.

Eventually I'll have to step out of this magical happy bubble and back into reality.
Until then, this will have to do:

- Jack has his first appointment with our neurosurgeon on September 6th.

- Marleigh goes to get fitted for her first scoliosis brace on September 6th.
- Harper is pending an appointment with her pediatrician to have a scoliosis screening.

One more day in the happy bubble. Friday, it's go time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment